Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inspiration continued...


I discovered August Bradley at the start of this year and I really love his photographs. His photos are often used in fashion, magazines and art galleries. I like the way his photos almost tell a dream-like story to the viewer and create a sense of mystery. The whole scene, composition, colour and costume seem to have been strategically thought out. His photos almost create a sense of stillness and he edits them to make his subjects look doll-like and frozen. From what I can gather I think he dramatises the way the light is falling on the subject which really gives the picture a 3D effect.


Diane Arbus is an American photographer (1923-1971) who was known for taking pictures of people who were not considered the 'norm' in society. I love the strange and haunting quality her pictures capture. I am interested in photographing people who look different to what is considered mainstream and appear unique or different to the majority of society (tattoos, piercings, abnormalities,strange attributes). I am thinking this could be an idea to further think about for my folio.

1 comment:

  1. Dianne Arbus is a wonderful Photographer, you will enjoy researching her

    ReplyDelete